Scuffrex Cutting and Restoration (High Cut)
Scuffrex is our top compound for professional smash repairers and car restorers.
Scuffrex removes the top layer of paint material that has been sanded, aged or weathered, and exposes healthy paint below. Thus scratches, oxidation and scuffs in automotive and gel coat surfaces are effectively removed.
Scuffrex is also rapidly effective with surface defects on painted surfaces such as orange peel, water marks and 1000# to 2000# sanding scratches.
Of course being SILICONE FREE it is paintshop compatible and won't cause fish eyes or defects common with silicone contamination.
Scuffrex comes in 3 grades, HIGH, MEDIUM, and LOW CUT.
- Reconditions weathered and oxidized paint finishes.
- Is suitable for both fresh and fully cured hard clear-coats and single stage coatings.
- Is free of waxes and silicones.
- Restores the original brightness of painted coatings, fibreglass and plastics.
- Is especially useful for automotive paints and marine applications.
Apply small squirts of Scuffrex to the paint surface and buff with a lambs wool bonnet or foam pad on a hand held buffing machine. Observe the progress of your work and clean up by wiping with a soft cloth. To maximize gloss, especially on black coatings, follow up with Polish Up's Swirlrex on a softer pad or buff.